Oh, by the way, we’ve put all of our articles and resources on how to find and hire developers here.
Web design basics
Most commercial projects are built using a framework. Frameworks make development faster by providing pre-written and pre-tested code for common function. Developers can spend more time creating new functions rather than reinventing the wheel.
If you’re starting a new project and have no framework preference, knowing any of these top frameworks is fine. You can achieve the same user experience but with varying execution performance, ease of development, community support, and security.
- Employees learn your goals and values.
- You can communicate more efficiently with employees, and they prioritize communication with you.
- An employee can cost a significant amount of money to terminate if you end up being unhappy with their performance.
- You need to provide employees with computer equipment and software licenses.
- You have to pay an employee even when you don’t have any work to give them.
However, you pay a freelancer only when you need them and you don’t pay them the rest of the time, which can result in a considerable cost saving overall.
- While more expensive per hour, freelancers only charge for the number of hours necessary.
- You can easily terminate a freelance contract.
- You can return to a freelancer for further work at any time.
- Freelancers handle their own expenses. You just pay them a fixed amount and have no other financial obligations to them.
- A freelancer could abandon your job for one with more upside.
- Freelancers can work for several clients simultaneously. A freelancer might not give your project the time it needs.
- There could be a language barrier.
- Freelancers don’t all know or follow proper documentation standards. Your project could end up being too convoluted for a different programmer to maintain at a later date.
Generic programming Q&A websites
A public code repository is where developers of any language specialty and experience level can share their coding projects.
LinkedIn is renowned for being the best social media platform for scouting tech talent.
In-person and remote networking
Unfortunately, in-person networking events are halted during the COVID-19 pandemic. But, you can still source developers remotely. Your remote sourcing options include recruitment webinars, virtual information seminars, virtual career fairs, and online development competitions (such as CodinGame’s Clash of Code).
Although organizers are currently hosting these events online, the conferences will be in-peron again ASAP.
Check the upcoming dates of the conferences that look the best to you and get your tickets booked.
Once you have an enticing project pitch written, check out the places listed in this guide and start reaching out to developers.