Data we collect directly from you
We collect data from you when you submit data to us or the Service. The following are examples of when we may collect data directly from you:
- Account information such as name, email address
- When you fill in and submit forms on the Service, including forms submitted at the time of registering to use our Service, conducting assessments, reporting a problem with the Service or requesting further information from us.
- When you contact us via online submission, telephone, electronic mail or regular mail, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you complete surveys via the Service.
- When you post comments or opinions to us on the Service or third party website where we have a profile or presence (e.g. on our Facebook page).
We do no collect sensitive data.
Information about how you connect to the Service
We collect your IP address, your presumed country and your presumed city.
Information about how you use the Service
Note that those transfers are necessary for the performance of the contract.
All data you provide to us is stored on secure servers of a third party providing data hosting services to us under our control or on computers of CodinGame.
Uses made of the data we collect
We use the data we collect in the following ways:
- To manage your account and provide you with the features of the Service, validate and keep your personal data accurate. We will use data we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to display content and features that are tailored to you, your interests and how you use the Service. We will use data we collect directly from you, data about how you use the Service and data about how you connect to the Service for this purpose. In this context we may use an American supplier (see above).
- To provide you with data about products or services of CodinGame that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (in accordance with your marketing preferences). We will use data we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To determine and predict data that may be of interest or relevant to you. We will use data we collect directly from you, data about how you use the Service and data about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, such as allowing our employer clients to evaluate any test you have taken. We will use data we collect directly from you, data about how you use the Service and data about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To notify you about changes to the Service and address complaints, comments and issues you have in relation to your use of the Service. We will use data we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To prevent, detect and investigate illegal activities, breaches of any agreements entered into between you and us and threats to the security of the Service. We will use data we collect directly from you, data about how you use the Service and data about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To produce aggregate statistical data and analytics about users of and their submissions to the Service from which individuals cannot be directly identified.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Data
As Controller of the data processing, CodinGame processed data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- Who provide a service to us. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal data in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your data secure.
- In the event that we sell or buy or transfer any business or assets (in part or whole), in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller, buyer or recipient of such business or assets.
- In order to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal duty or obligation (including without limitations requests or demands from law enforcement and government authorities and regulators).
- In order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or to prevent financial loss to any person or entity, including CodinGame SA, its customers, clients, and other parties.
- In order to enforce or apply any agreement we have with you.
- When acting as an assessment candidate, business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us. For example, this includes the employer clients of ours whose assessments you have undertaken.
Access to Information
You have a right to access and rectify your personal data, and with legitimate reason you have right to restrict and erase data which concern you. You have also a right to data portability and the right to withdraw your consent. You may at any time request to exercise those rights by contacting us by email: email@example.com by postal mail sent to the following address:
396 Rue du Mas de Verchant
If you have any question or any claim, we will do our best to answer you, but in case we are not able to satisfy your demand, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.