Cookies are used when you navigate on the site, whether you have an account or not and whether you are connected or not. Some cookies are only created when using certain services from third parties.
- A cookie is created to route the web requests to the best available server in order to improve browsing speed.
- A cookie retains your language choice during navigation for when you come back to the site at a later time.
- Once logged in, a cookie stores your authentication token in order to identify you during site navigation or when coming back to the site at a later time. Thus you do not have to log in again each time you come back to the site
- The “mixpanel” library from the mixpanel.com site stores a set of cookies for the purpose of analyzing your navigation pattern. This analysis is done for statistical purposes and aims at continuously improving our services: analyzing the navigation patterns of a large group of individuals makes it possible to know which features should be kept, removed or improved.
- The “Google Analytics” library from the analytics.google.com stores a set of cookies for the purpose of analyzing the traffic on the site: number of live users on the site, number of users coming back after one month, segmenting traffic by country, etc.
- Third parties may store cookies on their respective domains when browsing the site. This policy does not apply to these third-parties cookies. As an example, advertisement providers such as Google store cookies on their domains to measure the impact of any given ad published by CodinGame when using a given advertisement provider service such as Google Ads.
How long do we keep cookies?
Our cookies last for a year.
How can I deactivate cookies for the site?
Each browser provides a way to deactivate cookies on a given site. Please check the help guide of your chosen browser.
When deactivating cookies for the site some services will be disabled. For example you will not be able to log in or access services which only work while you are connected.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this cookies policy are welcome and should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.