Please note that your data shall be processed respecting “Informatique et Libertés” Law, n°78/17 of 6 January 1978 and “REGULATION (EU) 2016/679” of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (GDPR).
The legal basis of the data processing is the contractual relationship between CodinGame and you.
For your information, the Controller is:
CodinGame SA Cap Omega - RPT Benjamin Franklin CS 3952 34960 MONTPELLIER Cedex 2 France
Information we may collect
We collect the categories of information set out below when you use the Service.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect information from you when you submit information to us or the Service. The following are examples of when we may collect information directly from you:
- Account information such as nickname and email address
- When you fill in and submit forms on the Service, including forms submitted at the time of registering to use our Service, conducting assessments, reporting a problem with the Service or requesting further information from us.
- When you contact us via online submission, telephone, electronic mail or regular mail, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you complete surveys via the Service.
- When you post comments or opinions to us on the Service or third party website where we have a profile or presence (e.g. on our Facebook page).
- When you want to be contacted by an employer, we collect your preferences of salary, date of hiring, geographical area, position type, years of experience, LinkedIn profile.
We do no collect sensitive data.
Data we collect with your consent
We can also collect data on your contacts/friends if you accept to share with us your address book from Google. CodinGame only processes the name and the email address of your contacts to inform you when one of your contact subscribes to the Service. CodinGame only stores a fingerprint (one-way hash) of the email address of your contacts and an encrypted version of the names of the contacts (the decryption key being the email address which is not kept by CodinGame). In this way, neither CodinGame nor a hostile third party could get access to the name and email address of your contacts from our database.
Information about how you connect to the Service
We collect your IP address, your presumed country and your presumed city
Information about how you use the Service
Note that those transfers are necessary for the performance of the contract.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers of a third party providing data hosting services to us under our control or on computers of CodinGame.
Uses made of the information we collect
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To manage your account and provide you with the features of the Service, validate and keep your personal information accurate. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to display content and features that are tailored to you, your interests and how you use the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To send you emails about the CodinGame community or to send you emails about the website.
- To provide you with information about products or services of CodinGame that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (in accordance with your marketing preferences). We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To determine and predict information that may be of interest or relevant to you. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To allow employer(s) to have access to your profile.
- To notify you about changes to the Service and address complaints, comments and issues you have in relation to your use of the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To prevent, detect and investigate illegal activities, breaches of any agreements entered into between you and us and threats to the security of the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To produce aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of and their submissions to the Service from which individuals cannot be directly identified.
- To contact you if someone you know subscribe to the Service or permit you to follow your contacts already registered on the platform. We will use the data you have agreed to share with us (Google or Facebook contacts databases) for this purpose.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Upon account deletion, all your personal data are either deleted or anonymized.
As Controller of the data processing, CodinGame processed data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who provide a service to us. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure.
- In the event that we sell or buy or transfer any business or assets (in part or whole), in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller, buyer or recipient of such business or assets.
- In order to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal duty or obligation (including without limitations requests or demands from law enforcement and government authorities and regulators).
- In order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or to prevent financial loss to any person or entity, including CodinGame SA, its customers, clients, and other parties.
- In order to enforce or apply any agreement we have with you.
- In order for you to be contacted by employers.
Access to Information
You have a right to access and rectify your personal data, and with legitimate reason you have right to restrict and erase data which concern you. You have also a right to data portability and the right to withdraw your consent. You may at any time request to exercise those rights by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail sent to the following address:
CodinGame SA Cap Omega - RPT Benjamin Franklin CS 39521 34960 MONTPELLIER Cedex 2 France
If you have any question or any claim, we will do our best to answer you, but in case we are not able to satisfy your demand, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.