Integration with Java
Kotlin integrates very well with Java:
- Within IntelliJ, you can choose to convert one Java class after the other (doesn't work too well, although)
- The only requirement to have Kotlin ready is a 1.8 JVM
- Integration with Maven is seamless
- Kotlin could be used to define objects which are created and consumed both in the browser and on the backend.
- Kotlin can make use of the ts2kt TypeScript-> Kotlin converter to create Kotlin artifacts out of Typescript definitions
Kotlin Native is the initiative to create a version of Kotlin runnable on all "important" platforms like iOs, Android, and also WebAssembly.