02 Background for beginners
04 Methods: Extracting a single element
05 Methods: Extracting multiple elements
Combined Exercise #2
Let's do one more!
In this exercise, combine LINQ method calls together to do the following:
- Reduce the provided list of words to only those that contain the lower-case letter 'e' in them
- Sort the resulting list by alphabetical order
- Obtain the last word in the sorted list
- Return the string, "The last word is <word>", using the last word from the sorted list
- If the sorted list is empty, return
Combined Exercise 2
public class FullExercise2
// Given a sequence of words, get rid of any that don't have the character 'e' in them,
// then sort the remaining words alphabetically, then return the following phrase using
// only the final word in the resulting sequence:
// -> "The last word is <word>"
// If there are no words with the character 'e' in them, then return null.
// TRY to do it all using only LINQ statements. No loops or if statements.
public static string GetTheLastWord(IEnumerable<string> words)
// .???().???() ... .???()
Create your playground on Tech.io
This playground was created on Tech.io, our hands-on, knowledge-sharing platform for developers.